CFANS Alumni Society Purpose
The CFANS Alumni Society has more than 3,200 members and is responsible for a wide variety of successful initiatives. All graduates, students and friends of the college are eligible for active membership.
The purpose of our alumni society shall be to connect alumni and friends of CFANS and the University of Minnesota and develop interest in and support for the betterment of the college faculty, students, and alumni by stimulating individual and community participation in the college, the University, and University of Minnesota Alumni Association (UMAA). In particular, our alumni society's efforts shall foster society membership, student recruitment, enhancement of the student experience, and communication with alumni, students, faculty, and the community. Our alumni society will encourage financial support for the college and its activities. It will strive to become a valuable advocate for both the UMAA and the University.
- Maintain current membership in the U of M Alumni Association/CFANS Alumni Society
- Attend at least 4 out of 6 board meetings each year and participate in discussions and contribute ideas
- Review CFANS Alumni Society budget and plan expenditures
- Set alumni society policies; be familiar with and maintain updated policies
- Recruit CFANS graduates for membership, board positions, committees and event/program participation
- Identify potential alumni society program sponsors for annual fundraising efforts
- Serve as an ambassador for the college and for the university when appropriate
- Be familiar with the college's and the U of M Alumni Association's priorities
- Encourage recruitment of prospective undergraduate and graduate students
Project and Committee Work:
- Actively participate in a priority area – Student Engagement, Education & Outreach, Pride & Spirit, Finance & Revenue, or Board Development
- Serve on a board committee
- Attend at least three CFANS Alumni Society events
- Gain leadership experience
- Serve as a mentor and role model to new board members
- Network with other alumni
- Keep informed and stay involved with the college and the Alumni Association
- Support and serve your alma mater and the CFANS community
- Have fun
Please contact Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations Mary Buschette with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1745.