Established in 2005, the Norman Borlaug Science Achievement Award recognizes deserving high school juniors who excel in science. This award, presented by the CFANS Alumni Society, serves as a catalyst for students to consider a career in food, agricultural, or natural resource sciences. Make a difference in the life of a local student through just a few simple steps. You may be the catalyst for the next Norman Borlaug!
What do award recipients receive?
To encourage excellence in science and recognize achievements of young minds, the Norman Borlaug Science Achievement Award presents recipients with:
- Recognition by their high school and the University of Minnesota
- An award certificate for their accomplishment
- A book, typically authored by a University of Minnesota alumnus or professor
- A copy of the book for their high school library
- A $1,000 scholarship upon successful enrollment in CFANS
Supporting through Presenting
The CFANS Alumni Society invites alumni to present an award at a high school of their choosing. Volunteering to present an NBSAA gives you the opportunity to:
- Connect with a local high school
- Inspire potential CFANS students
- Provide greater awareness of the University of Minnesota and the CFANS mission
The time commitment for presenting an award is 1 to 2 hours between now and the award presentations at the local high school in late spring. You do not have to know a student at the high school of your choice, the school will select a deserving junior.
For historical information, including a list of past winners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.