A celebration of CFANS' friends and supporters
Last week, CFANS hosted its first-ever Celebrating Friends: Appreciation Night and Showcase at the Bell Museum. A "thank you" to donors, the event highlighted the research and impact made possible through gifts to CFANS. The event was attended by nearly 200 donors to the College, including alumni, faculty members, and staff.
CFANS Dean Brian Buhr welcomed guests and expressed his appreciation for all that donors make possible. Holly Menninger, who was recently announced as the next Executive Director of the Bell Museum, also thanked guests for their support. Guests were able to view a behind-the-scenes preview of Secrets from A Forest, the Bell Museum's original planetarium show before it premiered. Goldy Gopher stopped by for the occasion.
The research showcase featured faculty members and graduate researchers from across CFANS disciplines, who are making an impact across the state of Minnesota and beyond. Guests had the opportunity to engage in conversation and ask questions in the casual, open house atmosphere:
- Adapting to climate change—featuring Heidi Roop
- Protecting Minnesota's forests—featuring Robert Blanchette
- Healthy, sustainable livestock—featuring Pedro Urriola
- Productivity through precision agriculture—featuring Yuxin Miao
- Observing Minnesota's wolves—featuring Joseph Bump
- Discovering the diversity of the insect world—featuring Robin Thomson
- Developing new, sustainable crops like Kernza®—featuring Don Wyse
Thank you to the vendors who partnered with us on this event!
- Venue—Bell Museum
- Photography—Craig Bares
- Catering—Food Gallery
- Beer brewed with Kernza—Bang Brewery
- Valet—Unparalleled Parking