Tips for getting the most from your advising appointment:
- Schedule your appointment early so that you don't have to delay your registration. Visit One Stop to find your registration time, plan an appointment with your advisor in advance of your registration queue time.
- Review the CFANS advising syllabus (.pdf). Be prepared to discuss your goals for next year both in class and outside of class.
- Develop an academic plan for at least two semesters using the Graduation Planner tool.
- Review the on-line Schedule Builder to verify that your planned classes are offered and do not conflict.
- Bring a copy of your APAS report to your appointment. You can view and print your APAS through One Stop under the Student Records heading. Review your APAS report and note anything you don't understand.
- Ask a lot of questions.
- Know the academic calendar and the registration deadlines.
Check out the following websites and bring along any questions you have: