CFANS Passport Program
Who is eligible?
Eligibility requirements for the CFANS Passport Program are as follows:
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities student
- Full-time degree-seeking student in CFANS
- U.S. citizen
- Age 18 or older
- Applying for your first passport (passport renewals are ineligible)
Preference is given to students who:
- Demonstrate financial need by having an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $15,000 or less for the previous or current academic year on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students can find this information in their Financial Aid Summary on MyU or by contacting OneStop.
- Plan to participate on a learning abroad program during their undergraduate career at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Have Freshman or Sophomore class standing
- Have transferred into CFANS from outside of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Are Land Grant Legacy Scholarship recipients
- Are President’s Emerging Scholars participants
- Are Diversity in Food and Natural Resources Scholarship recipients
|October 1, 12 p.m.|
Application deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Students will be notified of their acceptance status by this date. Accepted students will be sent detailed instructions outlining the process. Students are then responsible for gathering the required passport application materials.
|October 5 - October 27|
Students must complete the following:
Once verified, students will be allowed to schedule their passport processing appointment.
|November 15||Passport processing will take place in 120 Coffey Hall. Each appointment will take 15 minutes.|