Who Can Apply:
This program is open to undergraduate students either majoring in a STEM or Agricultural Science field, or with a passion for plant science, food, and farming with significant science coursework in their program. All participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or U.S. territories.
Students from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply, including (but not limited to):
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latinx
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Veteran of the US Armed Forces, Reserves, or National Guard
- Persons with Disabilities
- A Demonstrated Financial Need
- First Generation College Students
How to Apply:
The application for the 2023 program will be available late 2022.
Please review the application guide for application details. A complete application consists of an online application form with the following materials:
- Statement of purpose: One page (maximum) statement describing why you wish to participate in this program, any previous research experiences, your career goals, and any personal challenges you may have faced in accessing higher education opportunities
- Letters of recommendation: Submitted directly from faculty members whom you have had as an instructor or for independent study (1 required, 2 accepted)
- Current transcript: Unofficial transcripts are accepted
For questions regarding the SOAR-REEU program, please contact professor Julie Grossman, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 612-625-8597.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Pam Jonkman at email@example.com.