Who Can Apply:
This program is open to undergraduate students either majoring in a STEM or Agricultural Science field, or with a passion for plant science, food, and farming with significant science coursework in their program. All participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or U.S. territories.
Students from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply, including (but not limited to):
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latinx
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Veteran of the US Armed Forces, Reserves, or National Guard
- Persons with Disabilities
- A Demonstrated Financial Need
- First Generation College Students
How to Apply:
The application for the 2023 program is now available. We will begin reviewing applications on December 15, 2022. We will continue to accept applications until all positions have been filled, with no applications accepted after February 15, 2023. Please review the application guide for application details. A complete application consists of an online application form with the following materials:
- Statement of purpose: One page (maximum) statement describing why you wish to participate in this program, any previous programs, projects, or research experiences, your career goals, and any personal challenges you may have faced in accessing higher education opportunities
- Letters of recommendation: Recommendations should come from someone you have had as an instructor, professor, and/or advisor that can speak to your ability/potential as a student/researcher (1 required, 2 accepted)
- Current transcript: Unofficial transcripts are requested
Program and Application Overview Zoom Recording
Need help filling out the application? Want to know what to include in your Statement of Purpose or Resume? Are you interested in hearing more about the program? Would you like to hear from 2022 SOAR-REEU participants?
Watch our recorded Program and Application Overview session!
For questions regarding the SOAR-REEU program, please contact professor Mary Rogers, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 612-624-8871 or professor Julie Grossman, PhD at email@example.com or by phone at 612-625-8597.