Front lawn of Folwell Hall, 9 Pleasant Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Celebrate the beginning of the academic year at the CFANS Sampler and Homecoming Parade Party on the front lawn of Folwell Hall to view the parade and catch up with CFANS staff, faculty, friends and alumni. Registration closes on Friday, September 23.
The CFANS community is welcome to enjoy complimentary BBQ sandwiches, a cash bar, yard games, and premium viewing of the parade.
The event will feature food samples and interactive displays on new research from College departments, including:
- Cheese and ice cream, Food Science and Nutrition
- Brat bites, Animal Science
- Apples, Horticultural Science
- Kernza products, Food Science and Nutrition & Agronomy and Plant Genetics
Science in Action
- What Minnesota Plant Disease Are You Quiz, Plant Pathology
- Explore sustainable solutions, Biosystems and Bioproducts Engineering
- Draw your own constellation activity and more, The Bell Museum of Natural History
- Selfies with Goldy, Agricultural Education, Communications and Marketing
Attendees will have the opportunity to be entered into a drawing to win special prizes.
BBQ sandwiches will be provided and include vegetarian options — available while supplies last. Cash bar is available for purchase. Walk-in registration will be available, however we ask that you register in advance if possible. Hosted by the CFANS Alumni Society, Undergraduate Student Board, Graduate Student Board, and Postdoc Board.
CFANS follows guidance from the University of Minnesota to ensure the health and safety of event attendees. If you are sick, we ask that you please stay home. Masks are currently not required at University events.